Wednesday, March 31, 2010

LULA


Saints preserve us, I dont know how much longer I can wait for Lula issue ten. Photos from the editorials are already online so PEOPLE HAVE A COPY ALREADY!! I'm on a wait list at the only newsagent in the city to stock Lula and they call me as soon as the air mail version arrives.
I was in there last week getting a few gorgeous mags and was pestering them about when Lula is going to arrive. They know my name but refer to me as "Crazy Curls". I love their array of mags so much (and am so addicted to Lula) that I put up with the lecherous proprietor just to get my hit. Sometimes I get a premonition of when they will call, and I often go scampering straight across after work and throw cash across the counter before shielding my latest-precious copy with my body and disappearing into the night... Yes, that's exactly how it goes down.
Issue nine was co-edited by Karen Elson (!!!!) and was dedictaed to talented redheads (!!!!) THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! IT'S THAT AWESOME!!
I'm generally very good at sharing my things and giving mags away but not Lula. I once gave a copy to an ex-friend and it's honestly the only thing I miss about her - that she still has my Lula and would have no idea what it is. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it... getting a back issue is harder than getting a heart transplant. Sigh. Please be today, please be today, please be today....

1 comment:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh, I spied the post at girlwithasatchel and totally coveted - looks lush! Wow, you were a good friend loaning your copy - and she, obviously, a very bad friend indeed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails