Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Man vs Wild with Bear Grylls.


How hilarious are these pix? I could have gone on and on, seriously. Monday night is Bear Grylls night in our house - its almost a bonding thing to squirm and yahoo our way through each episode; wondering what he's going to kill/eat next and when he's going to get his kit off and do something completely batshit crazy.
The dude has raised the bar in a BIG WAY. Like, for instance, if some marsupial is chatting to me, I'm mentally sizing him up and pondering his ability to scale sheer cliff faces, bite the heads off live snakes, skin a Yak, build a life raft, escape from a glacier... more often than not I just sigh and walk away.
He's done the most insane stuff - nothing surprises me anymore. Last night he drank the blood straight from a Yak's jugular, than ate its liver and one of its eyeballs all while grimacing and chortling in his English accent "OhhhhAhhhhhh, that is disGUUUUUUSSSting.... I might just have another bite..." Plus - he runs around naked quite a lot which is fantastically amusing.
He also sleeps in the carcasses of dead animals to stay safe and escape the scorching heat/freezing cold.
What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man...

1 comment:

Kylez..aka...Mrs.P! said...

I love that show! Its so cool! Hopefully I'll get to use some piece of knowledge from that show one day (but I hope it doens't involve having to eat or sleep with an animal carcass! Lol!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails