Wednesday, April 28, 2010
OH MY GOSH! Hope Sandoval and her band The Warm Inventions are touring to here in June!! I'm booking my tix as soon as they come out on Friday!!! So excited and yet so melancholy that I have to go by myself because no one loves my loves like I do so I always end up going by myself. Easier to wriggle your way to the front on your own though.
TIPS FOR WRIGGLING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT AT THE TIVOLI IN BRISBANE (HAS NEVER FAILED ME YET)
1. Don't barrel in there, you have to time it... waiting until the guy in front of you shifts feet is best, then immediately put your foot where his was and sort of ease up till you're level with him.
2. Best behaviour is paramount: Don't yahoo and carry on! No one is that cute. Be sweet and demure and bide your time.
3. If there is a security guard nearby, you've hit the jackpot! I've been pulled right to the front by a security guard and that means they do all the work for you. Note: It's best that this is not followed by them booting you out of the venue - see point 2. ahem.
4. Do not start taking pictures you yobbo! Again - this will not be appreciated and you will be hustled right back where you came from.
5. Don't wear something cumbersome - getting your bag/hair/skirt/jacket/shoe caught on someone mid-wriggle will only delay your progress.
6. Have whatever you want to drink with you prior to commencement of the wriggle.Impossible and frowned upon for you get to the front and then decide its time for a beer. Um, no.
7. Celebrate getting to the front by thoroughly enjoying the concert and congratulate yourself for having spent the time committing these valuable, and hard learnt steps to memory. xo