Thursday, August 4, 2011

Yes...

I write cards. All the time. To those I love, to friends, to people I don't know that well. I always have done...it's my little 'up-yours' to technology. I've only ever had extremely positive feedback to my pre-disposition to the postal service. Sweetheart writes me, and best friends also.
I wrote to the usual suspects this week; I always purchase lovely cards as, and when I find them...saving them for a rainy day, or posting them immediately if I find something I think someone would really like. This week, sweetheart, parents and grandparents received letters and pretty cards in the mail.
I was talking to Mum after she received hers, and she enquired as to why I felt I had been struggling a little of late. I said that things had been topsy turvy and that when I'd written to her, I was in tumult. She replied: 'Yes love...that's life.'
I love that people have a blueprint of my life, as it unfolds, on pretty, perfumed cards. A written word from the midst of my time on earth. And I treasure those that have been sent to me.

2 comments:

Kakka said...

It is lovely to receive real mail, and apart from birthday and Christmas cards most of my mail is now bills.

My mother is currently sending my little 3 year old grand-daughter a couple of pretty postcards a week. Immy just loves getting them in the mail.

How lovely that those you love get them from you xxx

StrangeBird said...

There will always be something very special about dedicating a moment or sentiment to ink - I love it too, and I wish more people did it in this instant electronic/SMS age. How lucky your friends, family and loved ones are! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails